I saw a cool t-shirt on Pinterest that someone had done with bleach but there was no tutorial with it. So, I thought it couldn’t be that hard. I went by our local thrift store and picked up a plain t-shirt for my daughter for a dollar. Yes, I’m cheap and I didn’t want to spend money on something I may ruin! She is about to start gymnastics class so we went online and searched for a gymnastics silhouette. Of course she had to pick one with letters to make my job harder!
And here is how we did it….
- Print out whatever design you choose.
- I put some tape on the back of the paper to make it more sturdy and so the bleach didn’t soak the paper.
- Cut out your design. Because the design my daughter choose had letters I had to use a razor blade on some parts.
- I put some glue stick on the back of the design to make it tacky to make sure the paper stayed in place while I sprayed the shirt.
- Put something inside the shirt like cardboard something so the bleach doesn’t soak through to the back of the shirt.
- Apply the cut out on the shirt and spray with a bleach water mixture or in my case since I didn’t have bleach I used my household bleach cleaner spray.
- Let it dry all the way and then wash and dry it by itself.
I think I sprayed this one way too much but it didn’t turn out too bad for a first try! I was also happy I put the tape and glue stick on the back of the design because it’s still nice and I can use it again. Yes, she wants another one and now her friends want one too. I guess tomorrow we’ll be having girls over to bleach some t-shirts.