Here are 31 Halloween movies. Ok, maybe they aren’t all Halloween but I feel if they are scary they qualify.
Be sure to leave a comment with some of your favorite scary movies!
1. It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown - Ok this one it’s scary but it doesn’t seem like October or Halloween if you don’t watch this one!
3. The Shining - Yes another oldie but what’s not scary about a large empty old hotel resort. REDRUM!
4. Poltergeist – While this movie is only rated PG. I think it’s the things you can’t see that are the scariest.
5. The Haunting in Connecticut – So the house you just bought use to be a mortuary, no big deal right!?
6. The Sixth Sense – “I see dead people.” If it wasn’t for this movie we might not have this catch phrase. Regardless it is a movie that will give you goosebumps.
7. As Above, So Below – I had no idea what this movie was about when I watched it but oh it’s creepy for sure!
8. The Entity – They say this is based on a true story of a woman that was attacked by a physically by a demon. If that doesn’t give you chills, what will?
9. The Amityville Horror – Can’t be Halloween without a real haunted house!
10. The Others – This wasn’t huge at the box office but I can’t think of why it shouldn’t have been. This is one of the best haunted house movies I have ever seen.
11. The Skeleton Key – Louisiana’s bayous and voodoo! What’s not scary about those?
12. A Nightmare on Elm Street – Nothing you dream about can hurt you or can it?
13. 1408 – He writes about haunted places but is an unbeliever until he spends the night in room 1408.
14. Psycho – It’s a classic but it’s creepy! In a time where the world seemed more innocent this thriller showed the dark side of on the big screen!
15. The Awakening – A ghost hunter is investigating an all boy’s boarding school when she becomes the one being hunted.
16. An American Haunting – The Bell Witch is an American Legend. Movies based on true stories always seem way more spooky to me.
17. Constantine – He’s been to hell and back and now he hunts demons.
18. The Gift – Oh what it would be like to be psychic, that is until you keep getting visions from beyond the grave.
19. Sinister – A murder novelist moves his family into a home where brutal murderes have taken place. He’s searching for inspiration but get’s more than he bargained for.
20. Flatliners – Have you ever wondered about life after death?
21. The Rite – Anthony Hopkins creepiest actor ever so why not!
22. The Unholy – This movie is set in New Orleans the most haunted city in the United States.
23. The Omen – If you ever hear someone call a child Damien and you don’t know why, you have to see this movie!
24. Pet Sematary – Stephen King… need I say more?
25. Something Wicked This Way Comes – What could possibly be creepy about a carnival coming to town? While this is a Disney movie I wouldn’t let the really wee ones watch it.
26. Thirteen Ghosts – A family inherits a house that comes with ghosts. No worries though as it also comes with special goggles so you can see what’s watching you!
27. Ghost Ship – A ship that has been deserted for 40 years is found floating at sea. There might not be any people aboard but there are plenty of souls.
28. The Innocents – A classic thriller from 1961. A nanny and a haunted house!
29. Devil – If being trapped in an elevator isn’t distrubing enough, add the devil himself to the mix.
30. CASE 39 – A social worker is trying to save a child but she is going to be the one needing to be saved.
31. The Exorcist – I can’t think of a more scary movie than this one. If you believe the devil is real this will haunt your waking hours.