This is my version of KFC’s Mashed Potato Bowl. It’s is both easy and inexpensive!
My family and I love KFC’s Mashed Potato Bowls but when you have five children, too many trips through the drive thru can add up to a small fortune. So, I decided I was going to whip some of these up myself. I got a thumbs up from my whole gang so, I thought I would share it with y’all.
Here’s the short and sweet of what I make mine with:
- Walmart’s Great Value Popcorn Chicken (not nuggets) - HINT! They taste better when cooked in the oven rather than the microwave. Truth be told my kids prefer the Great Value over the name-brand popcorn chicken.
- Mashed potatoes – You can make boxed or homemade. For it to taste more like the mashed potatoes at KFC, make boxed.
- Heinz Chicken Gravy - I buy the Heinz in the glass jar, it’s as close as I could find to Kentucky Fried Chicken’s but let’s face it, there’s nothing like theirs!
- Finely Shredded Colby and Monterrey Jack Cheese – I buy this shredded in Walmart’s Great Value brand as well.
- Corn - The original Mashed Potato Bowls come with corn although we have them leave it off. If you do like corn on yours, I recommend buying frozen corn.
Once everything is cooked and heated up I let the kids make their own custom bowls. I like to go with a little extra gravy on mine, as you can tell from my picture above.
Leave a comment below, let me know what you think and if you’ll be trying these!